Name:
Location: India

Abstract

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

!NDIA - mY GOD :-(

Hi World........

Im bac again! I think writing after a very long time has bcum my usual style.. So I need not apologise, I guess... Hmm... its another experience of mine... I had my passport expired by 4th April 2006... n I forgot abt it... only by mid May I knew that Im void my International ID proof!!!! Fine... I wanted to renew it... But there were not one but 3 major problems with my passport renewal ritual.. No:1 - it had expired long bac, so the process is like issuing a new passport. The usual police verification n stuff. No:2 - A letter in my name was changed (acidentally) in my 10th std marksheet... n that was followed throughout..till now I din mind abt the change coz I din know its consequences n my name sounded perfectly fine.. So the issue din bother anybody. N0:3 - Im livin in Chennai now whereas I was at Salem wen my initial passport was issued. The issue as per procedure has to be carried out this way... First I have to apply for a change(!) of name n publish it in a newspaper. Then I have to produce a valid proof about my Chennai residence. For the latter, I must either have a house agreement on my name (Impossible) or I should hold a bank account addressed to Chennai address. The bank here refused to issue an account.bcoz even the bank wanted a proof of my address... n Im havin a prepaid mobile... So I had it opened from Salem through a known friend of my Dad... Now I went to the passport office with the required documents... There the passport oficer told " Hey comeon,Y do u take such heavy works... jus get it renewed with all ur old credentials... whoz goin to check those... later u can change them if required!!!" Look at the attitude of our officers... where is it going to lead India???? Now I understand how r false n illegal passports are getting processed......Wat can b done regarding such issues????

1 Comments:

Blogger rama said...

may u get ur passport sooner...its worst part to wait for something for so long for which we are legally apt to obtain...but some places its good...at cbe i got it done without much problem or spending a single pie....

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home